Friday, April 1, 2011

Pedestal Plate

Trolling the Blog-universe I found this idea for a pedestal plate.
I found a wooden plate and candlestick at the local thrift shop
Total cost $1.50. You can't beat that can ya!

To start out I sanded the varnish off of both pieces. 











Then with my trusty Gorilla Glue bonded that baby! (Cookbooks are for more than cooking friends!)

Once fully bonded it was spray paint time. I love spray paint, all the beauty and none of the mess!

  (Of course I forgot to take a picture after it was painted. I was so excited to finish... you know!) I roughed it up a bit with a small square of sandpaper.

Voila!
Here it is. Looking good and ready for a party

I am now on the hunt for more parts. Different sizes. Bowls, plates, Glass. Multi-level.
  Ohhh, cupcake stands. ;)
Gotta go! I think the thrift stores are calling me.


Weekend Bloggy Reading

 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

  1. You definitely scored a pretty awesome find with those wooden pieces! I can never find the right thing to make a pedestal plate and I so want to! Yours turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto, Sarita! That's a great find...you did a wonderful job on the "rehab." ;) This is a project I need to try!

    Thanks so much for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party. :) Hope you'll visit me at Serenity Now again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now this is one NIFTY THRIFTY idea....love how it turned out...looks outstanding! Please be sure to post my party button...thanks:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. So creative. I love it!! I'm so happy to have found your wonderful blog. I'm your newest follower. Hope you stop by for a visit sometime.
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. That turned out great!
    I LOVE your post and Love your blog!

    I would LOVE to have you link up to my Whassup Wednesday Par-Tay! And I have a party button you can grab and put on your blog so your friends can come too:) You have a good chance at being featured!




    If you are NOT already a Follower of Elements Interiors....HELLEEERRRR!

    Click that Google Follow button and YOU will be ENTERED in my

    "Its a SURPRISE!" GIVEAWAY to be announced EVERY MONDAY! Yeppers! You read it right,

    a Winner EVERY MONDAY!!! With GREAT Goodies you wont want to miss!!




    Hope to see ya at Whassup Wednesday!!!

    *ENTER LINKY PAR-TAY Here! *

    xoxokara

    Im FOLLOWING YOU!







    *ENTER LINKY PAR-TAY Here! *

    xoxokara

    ReplyDelete